Updated as the news comes in....
Friday 9th August 2019
JCF Review - Numerically Smaller Breeds
Nick Gourley and Terry Desombre have been invited to represent the numerically smaller breed communities at the forthcoming JCF Review Meetings.
This community will include stakeholders from breeds in Stud Bands A, B and C. It will also include ‘Non CC Breeds’ and ‘Import Register Breeds’. It is vital that all communities are well represented in the feedback we present to the Review Panel.
In order to represent your views effectively throughout the review process we need to coordinate your input. As part of Phase One of the Review and prior to our first meeting at the end of August, we simply need as many of you as possible to answer the following questions.
1. Should the JCF proposal to license judges rather than approve on a show by show approval basis be maintained or abandoned?
2. Should existing previously approved CC judges continue to be required to sit the five-yearly ‘Requirements of a Dog Show Judge’ exam or should they be exempted unless they have not judged for a number of years or made procedural errors while judging?
3. Should an attempt be made to keep both the existing system and the JCF system in some form running in tandem for a number of years into the future, or should the existing system be phased out as planned?
4. If an ‘in tandem’ approach is to be pursued should the choice of which method to follow be on a judge by judge or breed by breed basis?
5. Irrespective of the answer to question 3 should an element of practical hands-on judging experience (the ‘numbers game’) be involved?
6. Irrespective of the answer to question 3 should starter judges be allowed to judge at small (Level 1/C list) open shows before having to sit any of the exams (Points of a Dog/Requirements of a Dog Show Judge etc) or should such exams be compulsory before a judge takes up any appointment?
7. Should the stewarding requirement for CC judges be retained at 6 occasions or returned to the previous 12 or some other number?
8. Is there sufficient merit in the following features of the JCF for them to be continued/developed:
b. Multiple choice questions on breed standards
c. Eye for a Dog assessment
d. Critique writing exam
Please send your answers via e-mail or Facebook message including your name, your breed(s) and a contact number in case we need to clarify the content of your responses.
Breeds in Stud Band A & B and Non CC Breeds -
Breeds in Stud Band C and Import Register Breeds -